Wednesday, November 19, 2014

52-Week Illustration Challenge, Week 47

Approaching Liberty. Watercolour, with green Sharpie ink on the crown spikes. Based on a photo taken by me, in January 1984, just before the torch was replaced.

Week 47 New York
Week 47: New York

Update:

John Lennon Memorial in Strawberry Fields, Central Park, New York. With some strawberries and a little magic. Just imagine! I've been mulling this one over all week and strategising. I really wanted to do it, but drawing a mosaic like this, in the detail I wanted originally, could literally have taken months! Instead, it took about 30 minutes. Black Sharpie ink and watercolour. Texture provided by metallic pencil rubbed over my flyscreen wire door, plus a little added glitter.

Week 47 New York II
Week 47: New York II

No comments: