Friday, July 08, 2011

Brrrrr!

Frosty Penrith
DAY 2

First frost in Penrith today! It was still zero degrees at 7.30am. Brrrrr.

What I loved about my original "365 Photos project" was the anticipation of finding a daily pic. It kept the senses tuned all day, flitting in and out my head, seeing potential subjects everywhere. Some days I'd forget until almost midnight - I ended up with about ten shots of the dog looking startled, wondering if it was past our bedtime. The project unexpectedly made me blog more often.

It recorded some very significant events, including my last photo taken of my Dad before he passed away, but before he started to look too frail. It's a year of my life more fully documented than any other in my life. It also led to a fun afternoon chatting to TV personality, Andrew G, who was doing a "365 self portraits" challenge of his own and had a gallery exhibition.

You can't really imagine what 30 days of doing anything will lead to. It'll be great to see what happens sharing experiences with a group (on Maang). A great project for a class, too.

No comments: