Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Imagination has a "Use by" date


Imagination

Well, this is bizarre.

I bought the above turquentine bracelet in 2008 at Dreamworld, in Queensland - in fact from the storeroom of the Big Brother house - almost exactly two years ago. And even blogged about it. I've worn it every day (and night) since, hoping it some symbolic inspiration for writing.

At the time, I worried that they resembled worry beads too much. This morning, I awoke to the sound of my dog snacking on little blue lollies - eek! My imagination had broken during the night, and was now being consumed by a Jack Russell !

Counting up the beads, which had ended up all through the sheets and onto the floor, I suddenly remembered that I had photographic evidence of how many Jack had managed to consume. Luckily, all the beads are still accounted for. And none went down the hatch.

The timing is again quite ironic. I awoke with a very clear idea in my mind for an old picture book story idea I'd been mulling over anew, on my way home from work yesterday - and I think I finally have enough inspiration to start writing something down.

Hopefully my imagination hasn't deserted me.

2 comments:

Alice Weinberg said...

It's a Buddhist wrist mala, for counting prayers.

Therin of Andor said...

When it snapped, does that mean my prayers had been answered? ;)