Friday, July 04, 2008

Now we are two

Well, today I chalk up my second year of blogging.

As I said this time last year, it is so satisfying to put my various inner thoughts (and Internet responses) somewhere more permanent that just letting them drop off the menu at some online bulletin board.

Thanks everyone for the continued support, even if so few of you leave messages. I check Sitemeter almost every day, and my stats tell me I continue to get about 50 visitors a day, who read more than one post per visit, and these numbers have been consistent for many months, whether I'm posting every day or being slack. A great many newcomers stumble across this blog via Google Images. I continue to be a more visual medium than the quality of my written entries, so I won't be giving up on putting lots of images on Flickr. There are still plenty Star Trek, pet and naked Abigail fans out there, even if you don't always tell me in person that you've dropped by.

5 comments:

Jonathan Shaw said...

Happy birthday Ian's blog. Fifty visitors a day! Congratulations! I'm lucky to get 50.

Therin of Andor said...

Hey thanks Jonathan!

Much appreciated. The first few times I stopped posting for a while, my stats would drop down to below 30, but I've been very surprised to hold my numbers so well these past few months, especially when I tend to jump around numerous topics.

Without a doubt, that pic of Abigail, from the front cover of her 70s autobiography, is still my biggest drawcard! I can only hope they originally come for Abi's cleavage, but then stay (and return) for some laughs from my own writing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Happy Blog Birthday. I hope that we get cake and lolly bags :)

Therin of Andor said...

Thanks Gemisht. Any excuse for treats!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday to the blog!

Did your blog have a party? :)